The Azadi Train is all set to undertake the countrywide exciting trip that would span over 15 days. Starting from Margalla Station on 12 August 2017, the journey would end Karachi Cantt Station on 25 August 2017.
The Azadi train will unveil the splendors of Pakistan, it’s history and future. It will also highlight cultural diversity of the provinces and different regions of Pakistan.
Pakistan National Council of the Arts (PNCA) will arrange 36 folk artists including singers and musicians, including puppeteers to accompany the Azadi Train 2017. According to a report, funding for it will be provided by Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage (IB&NH).
If you want to embark upon the journey and discover the beauties of your homeland and be a part of this extraordinary tour, here is the complete route and schedule of Azadi train:
Schedule of Azadi Train
- Azadi train will leave on 12th August at 12:30 pm from Islamabad and will touch Peshawar Canntt at 4:30 pm.
- On 13 August, the train will leave Peshawar Cantt at 10:30 in the morning for Rawalpindi and reach there 7:15 in the evening.
- The train will vacate Rawalpindi on 15 August at 9:15 in the morning and will arrive Lahore at 10:00 at night.
- After stopping over in Lahore for couple two days, it will leave for Multan on 17 August and will arrive there at 11:30 in the night.
- On 18 August, it will leave Multan at 9 in the morning for Khanpur and reach there at 7:19 pm.
- After a night stay, it will proceed from Khanpur at 8:30 in the morning and will arrive at Sukkar at 8 in the night.
- On 20 August, it will depart Sukkar at 9:30 in the morning and will arrive at Sibbi at 8 in the evening.
- It will advance from Sibbi on 21 August at 7 in the morning and will arrive at Quetta at 5 in the evening.
- On 23 August the train will leave from Quetta at 7 in the morning and will reach Sukkhar at 7:30 in the evening.
- The train will depart from Sukkhar on 24 August at 8 in the morning and will arrive at NawabShah at 7 in the evening
- It will reach Tandu Adam Hyderabad using the same route.
- It will stay at Hyderabad for a night and then from Kotri it will depart for Karachi Cantt.
- The journey will end its journey on 25 August at Karachi Cantt at 6 in the evening.