China-Pakistan-Afghanistan trilateral dialogue held last week in Beijing. Such a dialogue was held for the first time in order to discuss important issues such as economic cooperation and cooperation to do away with terrorism in the region.
Chinese foreign ministry noted that the CPEC is an all-inclusive projects and it does not focus on corning any third party (India). The mega project aims to promote regional prosperity and development through win-win cooperation, China reassured.
Here are the 8 point consensus:
- The three parties will work to develop the trilateral cooperation in accordance with the principle of mutual respect, equal-footed consultation and win-win results under the framework of the foreign ministers’ dialogue
- The three parties agreed to achieve 4 objectives: supporting the peace reconstruction and reconciliation efforts of Afghanistan; helping Afghanistan and Pakistan in developing their relations; promoting security of the 3 countries and the region; improving regional connectivity and cooperation on the Belt and Road Initiative
- Afghanistan and Pakistan agreed to fasten the development of the bilateral relations for brotherly coexistence
- The three parties reiterated their commitment to an Afghan-led, Afghan-owned reconciliation process
- Afghanistan and Pakistan reassured their support for China’s Belt and Road Initiative
- China and Pakistan will launch assistance projects for Afghanistan jointly
- The three parties agreed to increase counter-terrorism coordination and cooperation to fight all terrorist organizations and individuals
- Afghanistan and Pak agreed to improve communication between the Afghan Ulema Council and the Pakistani Ulema Council. They also agreed to prevent the spread of extremism in religion